Now Hiring: Program Assistant/Associate for the Volcker Alliance
The Volcker Alliance is seeking a full-time Program Assistant and/or Program Associate to start in the spring of 2021. The position will be based in New York City. The right person for this role will be a curious, critical thinker who is passionate about public service and making a difference in the world.
The Volcker Alliance is a nonprofit founded by former Federal Reserve Board Chairman Paul A. Volcker, dedicated to advancing his vision of an empowered public sector workforce. As the stewards of Mr. Volcker’s legacy, our goal is to support the public sector workforce by strengthening public service education, championing public service values, and providing strategies to help public servants deliver better results. Our initiatives all work in service of our four main strategies to educate, connect, empower, and inspire current and aspiring public servants.
The Program Assistant/Associate will play a key role in helping the Alliance advance its mission and vision and will work closely with internal teams as well as external stakeholders. The Program Assistant/Associate will:
- Draft original written content for our website, blogs, reports, and other outlets;
- Manage routine postings to website and social media;
- Conduct research in support of initiative efforts;
- Draft and finalize documents in support of initiative work, including meeting agendas and notes, presentations, speeches and talking points, reports, and email correspondence;
- Generate work plans and establish deadlines for initiatives;
- Organize and coordinate meetings, workshops, conference calls, video conferences, or other special events, including preparation and/or distribution of materials and documentation;
- Assist with contract and/or grants management;
- Represent the Volcker Alliance at conferences, meetings, and workshops; and
- Work closely with our hard-working team to develop and execute organizational strategy, taking on a range of tasks as directed.
The Volcker Alliance seeks energetic and engaged applicants. Key qualifications include:
- A passion for the Volcker Alliance’s mission, and eagerness to learn more about effective governance and public service;
- An undergraduate degree;
- 0-4 years of work experience, government work experience a plus;
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills;
- Highly organized, with a disciplined work ethic;
- Deft proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and emerging technological platforms;
- Experience with website content management preferred;
- Internet and social media savvy; and
- Detail-oriented, focused on high quality output.
The Alliance offers a comprehensive benefits package with a strong work life balance. The Alliance is committed to providing the Program Assistant/Associate with a range of opportunities to hone professional skills and explore career interests. The position is office-based in NYC, but applicants should be willing to work virtually depending on the timing of the hire and the progress of the pandemic.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé by email to email@example.com, indicating the position “Program Assistant/Associate” in the email subject line. No calls please.
The Volcker Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.