Now Hiring: Program Assistant for the Volcker Alliance
About the Volcker Alliance
The Volcker Alliance is a nonprofit founded by former Federal Reserve Board Chairman Paul A. Volcker to empower the public sector workforce to solve the challenges facing our nation. We support current and aspiring public servants by strengthening public service education, championing public service values, and providing strategies to help the public sector workforce deliver better results. We build partnerships with government and universities, promote innovation in public service education, drive research on effective government, and inspire others with the story of Mr. Volcker’s commitment to public service.
The Volcker Alliance is committed to cultivating a diverse team and inclusive workplace. We believe that building a team whose members draw upon different lived experiences and offer myriad perspectives is critical to advancing our mission. To empower the public sector workforce to solve the challenges facing our nation, the Volcker Alliance needs employees who are as diverse as America, each bringing different insights into the work of government in communities across the country. We believe our success hinges on engaging employees who are Black, Indigenous, and people of color. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other historically excluded and marginalized communities.
The Volcker Alliance is seeking a full-time Program Assistant to start in late Spring/early Summer 2023. The position is based in New York City. The Program Assistant will work closely with internal program teams and external stakeholders to advance the Alliance’s mission and vision. Central responsibilities include drafting documentation, conducting research, coordinating convenings, and providing programmatic and administrative support.
The Program Assistant will:
- Draft and finalize documents in support of initiative work, including meeting agendas and notes, presentations, speeches and talking points, reports, and email correspondence;
- Draft written content for our website, blogs, reports, and other outlets;
- Conduct research in support of initiative efforts;
- Organize and coordinate meetings, workshops, conference calls, video conferences, or other special events, including preparation and/or distribution of materials and documentation;
- Assist with contract and grants management;
- Represent the Volcker Alliance at conferences, meetings, and workshops; and
- Work closely with our hard-working team, taking on a range of tasks as directed.
The Volcker Alliance seeks energetic and engaged applicants. Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree required, recent or expected graduates encouraged to apply;
- Up to three years of work experience, government work experience is a plus;
- A passion for the Volcker Alliance’s mission and eagerness to learn more about public service education and public sector workforce development;
- Highly motivated to have an impact and make change;
- Strong writing skills;
- Deft proficiency with Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, and organization;
- Ability to work proactively, think ahead, and take initiative in a dynamic work environment;
- Curious, personable, and positive team player; and
- Demonstrated interest in government, public policy, and/or public administration preferred.
- Position availability: May 2023 - June 2023
- Status: Full-time, Exempt
- Location: New York City Hybrid - Staff are required to work in our NYC-based office at least two (2) days per week and are permitted to work remotely three (3) days per week with occasional travel required
- Salary Range: $60,000 - $70,000 annually
- Benefits: The Alliance offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, a retirement plan, and a professional development stipend.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and résumé by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the position “Program Assistant” in the email subject line and where you heard about the position announcement in the email body. No calls please. To download this application as a PDF, click here.
The Volcker Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.