The Volcker Alliance advances effective management of government to achieve results that matter to citizens. We envision a public sector workforce with the experience, preparation and commitment to ensure government—local, state and federal—delivers with excellence.
The Assistant will play a key role in supporting the success of a portfolio of Volcker Alliance initiatives and will work closely with internal teams as well as external stakeholders. The Assistant will:
• Support project goals and outputs across a portfolio of Volcker Alliance initiatives;
• Conduct research and summarize findings in support of existing and emerging initiatives;
• Prepare various documents in support of project work, including meeting agendas and notes, presentations, reports, and correspondence;
• Work with in collaborative teams to coordinate work activities, monitor deliverables, meet deadlines, and provide additional support where needed;
• Coordinate logistics for workshops, conferences, and other special events;
• Schedule and coordinate meetings and conference calls;
• Assist with the maintenance of databases, the Alliance website, and project information sharing platforms;
• Represent the Volcker Alliance at conferences, meetings, and workshops; and
• Assist on other projects as assigned.
The Volcker Alliance seeks energetic and engaged entry-level applicants. The Volcker Alliance is committed to providing the Assistant with a range of opportunities to hone professional skills and explore career interests. Key qualifications include:
• An undergraduate degree;
• A passion for the Volcker Alliance’s mission, and eagerness to learn more about federal, state, and local governance;
• Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal skills;
• Highly organized, with a disciplined work ethic;
• Strong technological skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
• Experience with Salesforce a plus;
• Internet and social media savvy;
• A team player with a positive attitude; and
• Detail-oriented, focused on quality output.
The Alliance offers a comprehensive benefits package with a strong work life balance. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the position “Program Assistant” in the email subject line. No calls please.
The Volcker Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.