The mission of the Volcker Alliance is to advance effective management of government to achieve results that matter to citizens. The Alliance was launched in 2013 by former Federal Reserve Board Chairman Paul A. Volcker, who served in the federal government for almost thirty years. Mr. Volcker was known for his commitment to effective government that works for the public good. The nonprofit, nonpartisan Alliance’s work is inspired by his legacy of public service and his vision for a public sector workforce with the experience, preparation, and commitment to ensure that government is accountable and delivers with excellence.
The Program Assistant will play a key role in supporting the success of a portfolio of Volcker Alliance initiatives and will work closely with internal teams as well as external stakeholders. The Assistant will:
- Support project goals and outputs across a portfolio of Volcker Alliance initiatives;
- Conduct research and summarize findings in support of existing and emerging initiatives;
- Prepare various documents in support of project work, including meeting agendas and notes, presentations, reports, and correspondence;
- Work within collaborative teams to coordinate work activities, monitor deliverables, meet deadlines, and provide additional support where needed;
- Coordinate logistics for workshops, conferences, and other special events;
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and conference calls;
- Assist with the maintenance of databases, the Alliance website, and project information sharing platforms;
- Represent the Volcker Alliance at conferences, meetings, and workshops; and
- Assist on other projects as assigned.
The Volcker Alliance seeks energetic and engaged entry-level applicants. The Volcker Alliance is committed to providing the Program Assistant with a range of opportunities to hone professional skills and explore career interests. Key qualifications include:
- An undergraduate degree;
- A passion for the Volcker Alliance’s mission, and eagerness to learn more about federal, state, and local governance;
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal skills;
- Highly organized, with a disciplined work ethic;
- Strong technological skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Experience with Salesforce a plus;
- Internet and social media savvy;
- A team player with a positive attitude; and
- Detail-oriented, focused on quality output.
The Alliance offers a comprehensive benefits package with a strong work life balance. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the position “Program Assistant” in the email subject line. No calls please.
The Volcker Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.