Now Hiring: Operations Associate
About the Volcker Alliance
The Volcker Alliance is a nonprofit founded by former Federal Reserve Board Chairman Paul A. Volcker to empower the public sector workforce to solve the challenges facing our nation. We build partnerships with government and universities, promote innovation in public service education, drive research on effective government, and inspire others with the story of Mr. Volcker’s commitment to public service. We envision a public sector workforce with the experience, preparation, and commitment to ensure government is accountable and delivers with excellence.
The Volcker Alliance is committed to cultivating a diverse team and inclusive workplace. We believe that building a team whose members draw upon different lived experiences and offer myriad perspectives is critical to advancing our mission. To empower the public sector workforce to solve the challenges facing our nation, the Volcker Alliance needs employees who are as diverse as America, each bringing different insights into the work of government in communities across the country. We believe our success hinges on engaging employees who are Black, Indigenous, and people of color. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other historically excluded and marginalized communities.
The Volcker Alliance is seeking a highly motivated operations professional to join the organization as an Operations Associate starting early 2024. The Operations Associate will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and the leadership team. Central responsibilities include grants and contract management as well as providing support on a range of financial, administrative, and operational workstreams.
- Play a central role in the Alliance’s grant-related activities by:
- Developing, maintaining, and managing a well-organized, shared, digital grant tracking system, including a record-keeping and filing system for all grant-related paperwork;
- Developing, maintaining, and managing timelines for grants and associated projects with appropriate project teams;
- Serving as the primary point of contact for all correspondence related to grants;
- Supporting the drafting and execution of grant agreements;
- Assisting with grantee data collection and the grant reporting process;
- Assisting with the grant payment process by compiling, verifying, and submitting documentation to initiate grant payment; and
- Serving as a liaison between program and operations teams to ensure collaborative and effective grants management;
- Support the Alliance’s operational systems by:
- Assisting with bookkeeping, accounts payable, and accounts receivable including bill payment, contribution tracking, and expense reporting;
- Assisting with contracts management and oversight for programs, initiatives, and operations;
- Assisting with the hiring lifecycle including tracking candidates, scheduling interviews, and onboarding new hires;
- Serving as liaison with the office building management team;
- Maintaining up-to-date and clearly organized cloud filing systems;
- Entering and tracking various types of information and data;
- Contributing to process improvement efforts focused on the development and implementation of more efficient and effective processes, systems, and technologies;
- Assisting with the creation and development of documents and communications from the Chief Operating Officer; and
- Performing administrative tasks as needed, as directed by the Chief Operating Officer and leadership team;
- Work closely with our hard-working team, taking on a range of tasks as directed.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required;
- A minimum of three years of work experience with administrative or operations responsibilities within fast-paced office environments;
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality;
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, discretion, diplomacy, and tact;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams) and Zoom;
- Solution-oriented with exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, and organization;
- Ability to work proactively, think ahead, and take initiative in a dynamic work environment;
- Personable and positive team player;
- Grants management experience preferred; and
- Demonstrated interest in government, public policy, or public administration preferred.
- Position availability: Early 2024
- Status: Full-time, Exempt
- Location: New York City Hybrid – Staff are required to work in our NYC-based office at least two (2) days per week and are permitted to work remotely up to three (3) days per week.
- Salary Range: $65,000 to $80,000 annually
- Benefits: The Alliance offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, a retirement plan, with employer matching, and a professional development stipend.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and résumé by email to email@example.com, indicating the position “Operations Associate” in the email subject line and where you heard about the position announcement in the email body. No calls please. To download this application as a PDF, click here.
The Volcker Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.