The Volcker Alliance advances effective management of government to achieve results that matter to citizens. We envision a public sector workforce with the experience, preparation and commitment to ensure government—local, state and federal—delivers with excellence.
The Associate will play a key role in supporting the success of a portfolio of Volcker Alliance initiatives and will work closely with internal teams as well as external stakeholders. The Associate will:
• Work with the Director of Communications and senior leadership team to develop and execute a long-term integrated communications strategy that advances organizational priorities;
• Handle the day-to-day implementation of the communications and digital strategy.
• Write press releases, media pitches, and marketing materials;
• Conduct proactive media outreach and maintain media lists;
• Develop talking points and internal messaging to support the organization;
• Manage all online platforms, digital advertising, website, and social media accounts;
• Manage production, scheduling, and delivery of digital campaigns, integrating goals of diverse stakeholders and leading strategic decision-making for audience selection and segmentation;
• Track and interpret the communications strategy performance metrics and properties to measure effectiveness;
• Develop annual budgets for digital programs and closely monitor monthly billing;
• Assist with all aspects of special event preparation and production, including managing event management software, creating marketing materials and staffing events; and
• Work closely with the Director of Communications on generating content for PR and digital use.
The Volcker Alliance seeks energetic and engaged applicants to be a part of a vital and growing department within the Volcker Alliance. Key qualifications include:
• An undergraduate degree;
• At least 2 years of integrated communications experience, including PR, digital and email marketing, social media, and website content strategy;
• Experience securing proactive media placements in key broadcast, print, radio, and digital outlets;
• Demonstrated track record of website and social media content management, ideally including familiarity with Drupal and Mailchimp, as well as experience implementing design changes to websites;
• Experience growing and engaging with digital audiences through advertising campaigns and SEM;
• Strong project management skills with a proven ability to simultaneously lead multiple projects and integrate goals of diverse stakeholders;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Hands-on experience with Google Analytics and Cision; HTML and CSS expertise preferred;
• A good eye for visual design; and
• Detail-oriented, focused on quality output.
The Alliance offers a comprehensive benefits package with a strong work life balance. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the position “Communications Associate” in the email subject line. No phone calls.
The Volcker Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.